Nick Roby Profile
Director and Clinical Professor of Law, Drake University Entrepreneurial and Transactional Law Clinic
Areas of Expertise
Business Organizations, Finance, Tax, Joint Ventures
JD – University of Iowa College of Law, Order of the Coif
BS – Iowa State University, summa cum laude
Drake Law School faculty member since 2020
Special Counsel for Dentons Davis Brown (formerly Davis Brown Law Firm) since 2015
President, Vice President & General Counsel for BH Management Services LLC and BH Equities LLC
Senior Partner for Davis Brown Koehn Shors & Roberts P.C. (now Dentons David Brown)
- Refugee Farmer Program: Represented the Iowa affiliate of a national charitable organization in expanding its various refugee farmer programs.
- Community Economic Betterment Foundation: Served as lead corporate and tax counsel to a group of Iowa town leaders in connection with the establishment of a new nonprofit community corporation to acquire and operate the town's only full-service supermarket.
- Homeless Prevention Program Origination: Served as counsel to a large community foundation in connection to its newly established homeless prevention program.
- College Savings Iowa (Section 529 Qualified State Tuition Plan): Led the drafting of Iowa Code Chapter 12D, Iowa Educational Savings Plan Trust, establishing Iowa's college savings plan and provided lead tax counsel services in development of College Savings Iowa.
- State of Iowa Financings: Served as bond counsel, issuer's counsel and special tax counsel to the Treasurer of the State of Iowa and state agencies.