Robert Rigg Profile
Professor of Law
Areas of Expertise
Clinical Education, Criminal Law, Forensic Sciences, Ethics
JD – Drake University Law School
BA – Drake University
Polk County Public Defender's Office
Co-director of Volunteers in Probation
- Iowa Practice Series, Vol. 4: Criminal Law (Thomson West, 2003-2020).
- Patient One: An Exploration of Criminal Justice and Mental Health, 16 Indiana Health Law Review 67 (2019).
- Are There No Prisons? Mental Health and the Criminal Justice System in the United States, 4 University of Denver Criminal Law Review 103 (2014).
- The Postville Raid, a Postmortem, 12 Rutgers Journal of Race and Law 271 (2011).
- Teaching Gideon-The Development and Challenges of a Criminal Defense Program, 7 Thomas M. Cooley Journal of Practical & Clinical Law 111 (2004).
- The Constitution, Compensation and Competence: A Case Study, 27 American Journal of Criminal Law 1 (1999).
- Founding member and president of the Iowa Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member of the Iowa Supreme Court Advisory Committee on the Iowa Rules of Evidence
- Member of the Iowa Supreme Court Advisory Committee for the Rules of Criminal Procedure
- Member of the Iowa Supreme Court Attorney Disciplinary Board
- Quoted in NPR, Los Angeles Times, Associated Press, Newsday, USA Today, and The Des Moines Register