Nelson Institute Undergraduate Conference on Global Affairs
For 2018-2019 the Nelson Institute is collaborating with the Engaged Citizen Experience to sponsor the Global Citizen Forum, scheduled for March 7-8, 2019, on the topic of Migration. Some of the highlights are anticipated to include: a documentary film showing featuring the filmmaker, undergraduate research presentations, a keynote speaker, and a student advocacy workshop in collaboration with community partners.
Past speakers and panelists have included:
- Dr. Livingstone Sewanyana, Executive Director and Founder of the Foundation for Human Rights Initiative in Kampala, Uganda
- Former Ambassador John K. Menzies, former Chief of Mission at the U.S. Office in Kosovo and U.S. Ambassador to Bosnia-Herzegovina. He has served on missions to Bosnia, Bulgaria, Germany, Hungary, and Kosovo working on democracy, human rights, and peace and reconciliation.
- Former U.S. Ambassador Stephen Rapp (U.S. ambassador-at-large for global criminal justice from 2009 to 2015)
- Former Ambassador Darci Vetter (Chief Agricultural Negotiator for the U.S. Trade Representative)
- Former U.S. Ambassador Joseph Mussomeli (Republic of Slovenia)
- Former U.S. Ambassador Ken Yalowitz (Belarus & Georgia)
- Iowa Rep. Zachary Nunn (former Director of Cybersecurity Policy at the National Security Council, White House)
- Jerry Gallucci, former foreign service officer and UN Peacekeeper
- Brett Bruen, former White House Director of Global Engagement