About Artificial Intelligence
In the spirit of preparing students for meaningful personal lives, professional accomplishments, and responsible global citizenship, the artificial intelligence major at Drake is designed to prepare students to be successful in a world where machines can play an important role. The major in artificial intelligence is designed to appeal to students interested in STEM, the humanities, or business.
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Reflect critically on the fundamental assumptions of artificial intelligence.
- Reflect upon the nature of intelligence and how it can inform intelligent systems.
- Respond to ethical, societal, organizational, legal, political, and cultural implications of artificial intelligence.
- Understand the foundational concepts in mathematics, computer programming, linguistics, and logic necessary for artificial intelligence.
- Create artificial intelligence systems.
- Implement design principles to improve and optimize end results.
- Utilize organizational methodologies for the development and management of collaborative systems.