The Drake Chemistry Club is open to any student with an interest in chemistry or science in general. Our purpose is to promote interest in chemistry within the Drake community and in Des Moines.
Some activities we are involved in:
- Fundraisers: Goggle, lab notebook, and T-shirt sales provide funding for all club activities
- Campus activities: Café Chem, Relays Street Painting, National Chemistry Week, and Pi day celebrations.
- Tutoring: Volunteers help run study tables before General Chemistry exams
- Social events: Fall pizza party, game night, ice cream socials and more!
- Kids in Chemistry: An outreach program that brings 5th grade classes to campus for an afternoon of lab activities, demonstrations, discussion, and fun.
- Women in STEM Social: A collaboration with Math Club that brings together Drake students, high school students, alumni and professionals in STEM to encourage and inspire each other in reaching our career goals.
Interested in Chem Club?
For more information on joining Chem Club, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Advisor: Professor Gholam Mirafzal
President: Stasia Harycki
Vice President: Colton Sleister