“Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other.” John F. Kennedy
LEAD, is an undergraduate interdisciplinary minor in Leadership, Education, and Development that is open to all students from any academic major. For more information than what is presented below, please visit the Course Catalog.
LEAD graduates will make significant contributions to Drake and their current and future communities of involvement by exemplifying ethical leadership. LEAD graduates will:
- Know thyself and personify the leader-related knowledge, experience, and language gained by the depth and breadth coverage of the LEAD minor (traditional and experiential classes).
- Exhibit the confidence, competence, and character needed to lead individuals, teams, organizations, and communities for positive social change.
- Understand and practice leadership as a collaborative, inclusive, and ethical process.
- Typify, model, and teach the skills needed to convene, reflect, inquire, collaborate, empower, and act to improve life for students, citizens, and the larger society.
- Exhibit the capacity to understand and work effectively with diverse individuals on-campus and throughout the world.
- Be able to lead successfully through conflict with civility.
Drake University undergraduate students will make significant contributions to their university and their communities of involvement by developing and exemplifying ethical leadership.