Sigma Alpha Iota
Sigma Alpha Iota is the women's international music fraternity at Drake University. The mission of Sigma Alpha Iota is to encourage, nurture, and support the art of music. To become a member of Sigma Alpha Iota, students must have completed one credit of a music course at Drake University. First semester freshmen and transfer students will receive more information regarding membership in their second semester.
- Sigma Alpha Iota creates chapters of women college students and alumnae who have a sincere interest in music.
- The organization upholds the highest standards of music.
- Sigma Alpha Iota furthers the development of music in the United States and throughout the world.
- The organization gives inspiration and encouragement to its members.
- Sigma Alpha Iota helps organize the cultural life of its members as a contributing factor to their educational growth.
- Sigma Alpha Iota supports the ideals and goals of the member's alma mater.
- The organization adheres to the highest standards of citizenship in school, community, and fraternal life.
- Why should I join Sigma Alpha Iota? --> To be a part of a supportive community of students who love sisterhood, service, and music.
- What is the time commitment for being in Sigma Alpha Iota? --> Approximately one to two hours a week.
- Can I join Sigma Alpha Iota if I am already in another fraternity/sorority? --> Absolutely!
- Do I have to be a music major to join the organization? --> No. Students have to have completed one credit of a music course at Drake University.
For more information, please visit the national Sigma Alpha Iota website or the Pi Chapter website.