2020 Orientation Schedule
Schedule of Live Streaming Events
9:00 AM: Welcome to the Bulldog Community
9:30 AM: Student Orientation Leader Meet-ups and Parents & Family Session
- Students meet your Orientation Leader who will work closely with you throughout the session to answer your questions about what it’s really like to be a Drake student. You will also have an opportunity to connect with other new Drake students!
- Parents and Families please join us for this session created especially for you. We will talk about your student’s transition to Drake and how we work with parents as partners to support student success
10:05 AM: Living and Dining on Campus
- This session will high-light information you need to know about living on campus covering things such as; what to bring and what not bring, basic policy and procedures, mail and packages, hall amenities, important dates and dining on campus.
10:35 AM: Dive In: Student Involvement at Drake University
As a Bulldog, you have countless opportunities to get involved and make a difference through student organizations, leadership experience, and campus activities. Join us for this interactive session to learn more about the benefits of getting involved outside of the classroom, specific ways to do so at Drake, and how to ensure your out-of-class experience sets you up for social connection, personal fulfillment, and professional success.
11:15 AM: Student Advising Sessions and Parent Q&A
- Students will be reviewing their fall class schedule in small group advising sessions.
- We will be offering a Parent and Family Q&A during this time. This Q & A session features several staff from key areas of campus who are ready to answer your questions.