Drake University Accreditations
Drake University has been on the approved list of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools since 1913. Since reorganization of the Association in 2000, Drake University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Drake was granted continuing accreditation in 2018.
In addition to University accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission, the following Colleges, Schools, and departments have been accredited by the agencies designated:
- Teacher Education and Educational Leadership programs are accredited by the Iowa Department of Education and the Iowa Board of Educational Examiners.
- Law School: Accredited by the Council of American Bar Association’s Section of Legal Education and Admission to the Bar and a charter member of the Association of American Law Schools.
- College of Business and Public Administration is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Accredited degrees: All undergraduate programs, Master of Financial Management, Master of Business Administration, Master of Accounting.
- College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences:
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD): Accredited by The Accreditation Council on Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
- Occupational Therapy Doctorate (OTD): Granted Candidacy Status by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association, Inc.
- School of Journalism and Mass Communication: Accredited by the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communication.
- Department of Art and Design is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design.
- Department of Chemistry is accredited by The American Chemical Society.
- Department of Music is accredited by The National Association of Schools of Music.