Skip Sub Menu
Life at Drake is an adventure. As a student here, you will make new friends, uncover new talents and interests, and blaze the trail to your future. That’s just what happens when you live your life on a campus full of energy and opportunity, great traditions and inspiring people.
What can you do at Drake?
- Explore a campus where something is always going on—Attend rock concerts, comedy shows, gallery openings, movie nights, plays, and guest lectures by fascinating and often famous people.
- Choose from 150+ clubs and organizations—Get silly with D+ Improv Troupe, get brainy with the Quiz Bowl Organization, or get rich with the Investment Club (at least in simulated dollars).
- Make a real difference through a service-learning project—Focus on environmental restoration on Catalina Island or on development projects in Haiti. Closer to home, tutor in a school or join the fight against cancer.
- Encounter the arts—Check out choices ranging from a live band at a downtown club to sculpture in the city’s beautiful Pappajohn Sculpture Park.
- Discover great food—Try on-campus dining choices that include everything from veggie subs to crab rangoons, and off-campus destinations that range from fine-dining to world-class barbecue.
- Give it your all as an intramural sports star—Take to the tennis court or soccer pitch, or try a club sport such as triathlon or volleyball.
- Find out what it means to be a leader— Step forward to change your world through Drake’s exceptional leadership development program.
- Explore the great outdoors—Discover state parks and sports parks near Des Moines offering all-season fun—everything from kayaking to rock-climbing, to skiing.
- Experience Drake Relays—Watch records fall as the world’s best track athletes converge on Des Moines, and join in all the celebrations before and after—from street painting to the Relays Parade.
Along the way, make sure you enjoy all the wonderful experiences that don’t fit in any particular category—except maybe the category of Great Future Memories. Eat a midnight pre-exam breakfast with your friends. Enjoy some competitive paint fighting. Or take part in the world’s largest-ever cream pie fight (if we decide to break the record again).
It’s all here waiting to be experienced.
Important Admission Dates