Skip Sub Menu

Commendations and Complaints

The Office Academic Achievement is committed to providing quality service for students, families, and colleagues. Should you have a commendation or a complaint, we recommend the following:

Commendations:  Have you told someone how much you appreciate the help you have received, and it still doesn't feel like you've done enough? While a simple “thank you” is always appreciated, you may wish to pursue more formal recognition. If you would like the person to receive official recognition for a job well done, please contact Melissa Sturm-Smith at Your commendation will be appreciated and added to the individual's file.

Complaints:  In general, a complaint is defined as a concern that a policy or procedure has been incorrectly or unfairly applied, or that inappropriate behavior or action has occurred. For a complaint, first discuss the problem with the staff member with which the issue originated. If you would like the complaint to move forward following this discussion, please contact the person's immediate supervisor.  For complaints related to the Office of Academic Achievement, a final discussion with the coordinator regarding the complaint may be requested following the staff/supervisor review. Please call 271-3751 or e-mail for an appointment. Once these steps have been taken, a formal complaint may also be recorded here.

University Calendar 
University News