One or more payment options are available to students with account balances not covered by pending financial aid, depending on the circumstances:
Payment in full
- Students and authorized users may pay outstanding balances online using the online payment portal. It can be found by going to the Student Account section on the student page in myDrake and selecting Make a Payment, or in the Commonly Used Apps on the Parent page by selecting View Student Account.
- Electronic checks and all major credit cards are accepted. Please note that a 2.75% convenience fee is charged for online credit card payments for tuition and fees.
- International wire transfers are also accepted. Please contact the Student Accounts office for assistance.
- Payments may also be made in person at the Cashier Office, 104 Carnegie Hall.
- Payment by check may be mailed to the Cashier Office, 104 Carnegie Hall, Drake University, 2507 University Ave., Des Moines, IA 50311
- Please note that checks will be deposited on the date received. The Cashier office will not hold post-dated checks.
- Students and authorized users may set up a payment plan using the online payment portal. It can be found by going to the Student Account section on the student page in myDrake and selecting Make a Payment, or in the Commonly Used Apps on the Parent page by selecting View Student Account.
- There is a plan available for the Fall term and for the Spring term, each consisting of four payments with fixed payment dates. There is no payment plan for the summer term.
- Payment plan sign up becomes active once your electronic bill is sent, about 4 weeks before the semester begins.
- A non-refundable $30 setup fee must be paid at the time the payment plan is set up.
- A $25 late fee will be charged for each installment not paid on time.
- Payment Plans must be set up by the tenth business day of the term.
- Drake University employees and their dependents may be eligible for a rebate covering all or a portion of their tuition. Activity and Technology fees are not covered by the rebate.
- Full information and forms are available on the Human Resources website.
- Drake graduate students receiving tuition benefits from their employers may apply for an employer deferment by going to the Student Account section on the student page in myDrake and selecting Employer Tuition Deferment.
- A non-refundable $35 setup fee must be paid at the time the deferment is requested.
- To complete the deferment, confirmation of payment by the employer must be sent to the Student Accounts office.
- Employer Deferment Plans must be set up by the tenth business day of the term.