Skip Sub Menu
Post Secondary Enrollment Options
The Post Secondary Enrollment Options Act was developed to allow high school students who have surpassed the highest level of specific subjects at their high schools to take college courses. The opportunity to enroll at Drake University provides students with valuable academic experience and college credit that can be transferred to most colleges or universities.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Eleventh and twelfth grade students enrolled in public or Iowa accredited nonpublic school districts are eligible for PSEO classes. Ninth or tenth grade students who are identified as a gifted and talented student according to the school district's criteria and procedures (Iowa Code §257.43) are also eligible to enroll.
- Eligible students must complete and submit the PSEO application including signatures from the guidance counselor and parent. A student shall not be eligible for participation in PSEO until the school district or accredited nonpublic school completes the thereby certifying a student's eligibility.
Please review Drake University's Schedule of Classes prior to submitting the application. Note that students are only permitted to take courses numbered below 100. The maximum number of courses allowed each semester is two in fall, two in spring and one in summer.
- Submit the completed application, transcript and test scores to Drake's Office of Admission. Documents can be emailed to email@example.com. While the paperwork may be sent at any time, students cannot register for classes until their designated appointment time.
- Registration for PSEO students begins the Monday before the start of each semester. No PSEO student may register before that date. Students must schedule a registration appointment with Amy Nichols at (515) 271-2094 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The preference is to receive the paperwork in advance; however, it can be brought to the registration appointment.
- Priority registration is given to currently enrolled full-time Drake students. High school students are encouraged to remain flexible in course selection as some classes may be filled. Students should rank at least four class options on the application.