Registration for the Summer and Fall 2023 terms will begin on Monday, Apr 10. Your registration time is based on the number of credit hours you’ve earned as of the time you register. Your Fall 2023 courses do not count toward the number of earned credit hours. You can find your total number of earned hours at the bottom of your unofficial transcript in MyDrake.
If you plan to declare a new major, minor, concentration or endorsement, please complete the change of record request found at MyDrake > Student Records > Change of Record Request. These updates must be completed no later than Monday, Apr 3 deadline to be considered for summer/fall registration.
Your registration time for the above terms is based on the number of credit hours you’ve earned. Courses for which you’re registered now do not count toward your earned credit hours. Take action to view your registration date/time and know that many helpful registration resources can be found on the Registrar’s page, including Knowledge Base articles on how to register.
You have received additional information about your registration process from the athletics department via email. You will need to complete the Course Planning form by the date specified. Any practice conflicts must be listed on your Planning form and approved by a member of the Student-Athlete Academic Success Services department in advance of your registration date. Do not go to your college/school or course instructor(s) for a practice override(s). If you have questions regarding eligibility or the balance of your academic and athletic schedules, please reach out to the Student-Athlete Success staff.
Now is also a great time to document your interest in a pre-professional pathway, such as Pre-Dental, Pre-Law, Pre-Med or Pre-Vet.
Please take a moment to complete the Professional School Interest Survey. Your responses will help the College to better track and support your future plans. This survey can be completed in under ten minutes. If you have questions about the survey, please email Assistant Dean Will Hatchet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure those who truly need a course are allowed access to it, the first two weeks of registration include restrictions on an identified set of courses. A restriction on a course means only those students with a major, minor, concentration or endorsement in a program requiring that course are allowed to register for it. In certain cases, some courses are only open to majors during the first two weeks of registration. Please view the reserved course list.
Beginning on Monday, Apr 24, the restrictions will be dropped and anyone may attempt to register for a formerly restricted course. If the course is full, you may place yourself on the course waitlist. NOTE: YOU MAY ONLY PLACE YOURSELF ON ONE WAITLIST FOR A SECTION. IF YOU ARE ABLE TO REGISTER FOR A SECTION OF A COURSE, YOU CANNOT THEN WAITLIST A DIFFERENT SECTION OF THAT SAME COURSE; YOU ARE EITHER REGISTERED FOR ONE SECTION OR WAITLISTED FOR ONE SECTION. THIS POLICY WAS AGREED ON BY ALL COLLEGES/SCHOOLS. ANYONE IN VIOLATION OF THIS POLICY IS SUBJECT TO BEING DROPPED FROM A COURSE'S WAITLIST(S).
**Keep graduation requirements, such as total hours required, upper-level hours required (depending on program), AOI completion and GPAs in mind.
1) If you experience issues on the morning you register, use email as your first point of contact. If you are a science major, email Alina Grimm at email@example.com. If you are not a science major, email Mary Beth Holtey at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an open student or pursuing a pre-professional track email Will Hatchet at email@example.com. Include your Drake ID number, relevant course information (CRN, Course Subject and Number, etc.), and a clearly articulated question/issue.
2) Registration is capped at 18 hours. To register for more than 18 credit hours, please complete the fillable request form. Note: Students taking more than 18 credit hours are assessed an overload fee based on program rate.
3) If you have a hold(s) on your account, you will need to remedy this prior to your registration time. If you have questions about a financial hold, contact the Office of Student Accounts at 515-271-4777 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
4) If you have a health center hold and need to submit your medical history form, download the form and return to the Health Center, email@example.com. If you have questions about the form, you can reach the health center at 515-271-3731.
5) If you cannot access Self-Service because you've forgotten your password, you will need to call ITS at 515-271-3001 or visit Password Manager to reset your password.
6) If you have credits earned at another institution, or through AP, CLEP or IB coursework, and do not see that credit posted, please submit an official transcript or score report to firstname.lastname@example.org. An official transcript or score report is sent directly to Drake from the credit-granting body; we cannot accept student copies of reports. Upon the posting of credits, you will receive an automessage from the Registrar’s Office. Do note the required exam scores needed for credit to be posted.
7) If at your time of registration you have questions or need assistance:
If you are a science major, email Alina Grimm at email@example.com.
If you are an open student or pursuing a pre-professional track email Will Hatchet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not a science major, email Mary Beth Holtey at email@example.com.