According to Drake University’s Academic Charter, the Faculty Senate is the chief legislative body within the University.
It has the following powers:
- To establish educational policy affecting the University as a whole.
- To enact academic regulations of uniform application. The Faculty Senate shall exercise restraint not to intrude into the internal regulation of the Colleges of the University.
- To recommend special actions to the President and to the Board of Trustees.
- To establish policies concerning extracurricular activities supported by the University, in full consultation with the Student Senate.
- To establish standing and ad hoc committees.
- To establish rules for the Senate; Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised shall govern the proceedings of the Senate unless otherwise provided.
Faculty Senate Rules and Regulations
AAUP Shared Governance Statement
Carrie Dunham-LaGree, Associate Professor of Librarianship
2023-24 Faculty Senate President
See the Faculty Senate internal site for archived content and information for current faculty, and staff (authentication required).
Note: Regular Faculty Senate meetings will be held via Zoom for academic year 2023 – 2024.