According to Drake University’s Academic Charter, the Faculty Senate is the chief legislative body within the University.
It has the following powers:
- To establish educational policy affecting the University as a whole.
- To enact academic regulations of uniform application. The Faculty Senate shall exercise restraint not to intrude into the internal regulation of the Colleges of the University.
- To recommend special actions to the President and to the Board of Trustees.
- To establish policies concerning extracurricular activities supported by the University, in full consultation with the Student Senate.
- To establish standing and ad hoc committees.
- To establish rules for the Senate; Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised shall govern the proceedings of the Senate unless otherwise provided.
Faculty Senate Rules & Regulations
AAUP Shared Governance Statement
Jimmy Senteza, Associate Professor of Finance
Faculty Senate President
See the Faculty Senate internal site for archived content and information for current faculty, and staff (authentication required).
Note: Regular Faculty Senate meetings will be held via Zoom for academic year 2022 – 2023.