According to Drake University’s Academic Charter, the Faculty Senate is the chief legislative body within the University.
It has the following powers:
- To establish educational policy affecting the University as a whole.
- To enact academic regulations of uniform application. The Faculty Senate shall exercise restraint not to intrude into the internal regulation of the Colleges of the University.
- To recommend special actions to the President and to the Board of Trustees.
- To establish policies concerning extracurricular activities supported by the University, in full consultation with the Student Senate.
- To establish standing and ad hoc committees.
- To establish rules for the Senate; Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised shall govern the proceedings of the Senate unless otherwise provided.
Agendas & Meeting Information
Senate Rules & Regulations
Matthew Zwier, Associate Professor of Chemistry
Faculty Senate President
Note: All full Faculty Senate meetings will be located in Cowles Library, Room 201.
See Map Location