Student Led Group
Phi Alpha Theta
- The national honor society for historians and its membership is made up of undergraduate and graduate students and professors of history. Our department has an active local chapter and all students interested in history are welcome to participate.
Organizations of Interest
The Harkin Institute for Public Policy & Citizen Engagement
Principal Center for Global Citizenship
Nelson Institute for Diplomacy and International Affairs
American Historical Association (AHA)
- The AHA is the largest professional organization in the United States devoted to the study and promotion of history and historical thinking
Historical Organizations Affiliated with AHA
Organization of American Historians
- The mission of the organization is the promote excellence in the scholarship, teaching, and presentation of American history, and to encourage wide discussion of historical questions and the equitable treatment of all practitioners of history.
Drake University Social Science Journal
- A student-edited, web-published journal that features student essays and research papers in the social sciences. A number of History majors have had papers published in this journal.
The Grand Valley Journal of History
- "The aim of the Journal is to provide undergraduates, regardless of specialization or interest, with a cross disciplinary forum to explore different perspectives of studying the past."
Chronicle of Higher Education
- The Chronicle of Higer Education is the No. 1 source of news, information, and jobs for college and university faculty members and administrators. Based in Washington, D.C., The Chronicle has more than 70 writers, editors, and international correspondents.
Directory of History Journals (AHA)