Skip Sub Menu

Student Employment

  • Student Employment is available to any student who is enrolled for at least 6 credit hours in the semester.  Whether the student is new or returning, undergraduate or graduate student, opportunities exist. 
  • Opportunities will be listed through Handshake, found through MyDrake. This is an online database that lists on campus employment, off campus employment, internships, and full time employment.
  • Before employment begins, federal and state employment paperwork must be completed.  This paperwork consists of the I-9 Employment Eligibilty Verification, Federal W-4, and Iowa W-4.  The I-9 confirms eligibility to work in the United States, and must have documentation provided to complete the form.  The Federal and State W-4 forms relate to taxes withheld from your monthly wages.  You may want to discuss these forms with a parent/guardian or tax advisor prior to completing the paperwork. 
  • Students are also required to use direct deposit for the monthly payments.  The payroll can be deposited into any US financial institution's checking or savings account.  Upon completing the direct deposit information, the first month's payment will be a paper check available at Student Services on the 12th of the month.  Each month following, you may view the amount deposited into the checking or savings account through myDrake. 
  • For many areas, student employment time sheets are located in MyDUSIS.  Instructions are distributed once the employment paperwork has been completed. 
  • Student Employment questions may be directed to Debra Wiley, HR Partner, Human Resources.  She may be reached via email at  


  • EMPLOYERS: Do you have an off-campus internship or part-time job off campus that you would like to make available to students?  An online database is found at and follow the link for Employers.  Professional & Career Development Services phone number is 515-271-3721.


University Calendar 
University News