An Exceptional Working Environment
More than 900 faculty and staff members have chosen Drake as the place to further their careers. The University values our faculty and staff and strives to create an exceptional working environment.
At Drake, we:
- Provide unlimited access to free transportation through Des Moines Area Regional Transit
- Offer a Drake Neighborhood Home Incentive Purchase Plan
- Provide tuition benefits for employees and their eligible dependents to pursue degrees at Drake
- Encourage work/life balance through competitive vacation, holiday and personal time
- Promote a healthy lifestyle by providing a free fitness facility on campus, a wellness program and a smoke-free environment
- Recognize faculty and staff leaders on campus through awards and distinguished professorships
- Encourage lifelong learning
- Support research through internal and external grants as well as through collaborative student engagement
- Practice shared governance and strategic planning through various representative bodies, including Faculty Senate and All Staff Council
An Inclusive and Welcoming Campus
One of Drake’s top strategic priorities is to maintain and build our inclusive community. A welcoming and diverse campus is critical to delivering on our mission of providing an exceptional learning environment. All members of the Bulldog pack find a home where they can pursue their passions and ideas and have an impact on the future of our University and students.
Some key inclusion and diversity initiatives and activities on campus include:
- Representative student organizations actively engaged at Drake include Coalition of Black Students, Rainbow Union, La Fuerza Latina, El Ritmo Latino, International Student Association, Hillel, Muslim Student Association, Student Activists for Gender Equality, and Campus Fellowship.
- The University is actively seeking to improve retention rates for all its students, but particularly for students of color. The Crew Scholars Program is one such initiative.
- Drake undertook a Campus Climate Assessment, which gauged the experiences and attitudes of current faculty, staff, and students.
One Bulldog Community
- The University’s weekly newsletter, OnCampus, keeps the campus community apprised of events on campus as well as faculty, staff, and student achievements, honors, and activities.
- The Office of the Provost hosts monthly faculty and staff socials, giving you an opportunity to meet your colleagues outside of your department or unit.
- Free tickets to fine arts events and select athletics events make it easy to proudly support our students and colleagues.
- Countless lectures, workshops, and events aimed at encouraging civil debate and bringing the world to campus support your commitment to lifelong learning.
If this outstanding work environment sounds appealing to you, we invite you to check out current opportunities for employment.