Information on sporadic issue with Teams for Windows 10 users
Wednesday, July 1st, 2020
Recently we have been made aware of an issue affecting the Microsoft Teams desktop app for Windows 10 users. When opening Teams, the users are being prompted to log in and receiving an error message of “We’re sorry—we’ve run into an issue. Restart if that doesn’t work, try signing out and back in. desktop-… Error code – caa301f4”. We unfortunately don’t have a way to identify who might be impacted, however, if you experience this issue, please perform the following steps:
- Right-click the Microsoft Teams desktop shortcut and select Properties. NOTE: If you don’t have a desktop shortcut and only the Teams icon on the task bar right-click the Teams icon in the task bar then right-click Microsoft Teams and then select Properties.
- In the Properties menu select the Compatibility tab
- Check the Run this program in compatibility mode for box and select Windows 7 from the drop-down menu.
- Apply and close the Properties menu.
- Teams should launch and log you in without issues.