Majors, Minors and Endorsements
Minors and Endorsements
Tentative Course Schedule
After completing a major in Mathematics, Mathematics for Secondary Education, Quantitative Economics, Computer Science or Data Analytics a student should be able to:
- Think critically, and formulate and solve problems.
- Perform complex mathematical or computing tasks.
- Undertake independent work and be able to develop an understanding of unfamiliar concepts in mathematics or computer science.
- Know the contemporary contexts (and in some cases the historical roots) of the practice of mathematics or computer science.
- Read and understand technically based materials.
- Use technology to analyze and solve problems.
In addition, graduates in Mathematics for Secondary Education should be able to:
- Develop knowledge of and the ability to use and evaluate instructional materials and technology for their classrooms.
- Observe and analyze a range of approaches to mathematics teaching and learning, focusing on the tasks, discourse, environment, and assessment.