Job Description and Application
Orientation Leaders serve as a primary resource for new students and their families and are therefore expected to exhibit a high degree of maturity, responsibility, integrity, care, friendliness, and a positive attitude. Orientation Leaders should also exhibit a strong commitment to the mission of Drake University.
Orientation Leaders and other staff members will work to create a friendly and helpful environment in which students and their families can find answers to their many questions and concerns about Drake University. Specific duties will include the following:
- Attend ALL portions of the orientation staff development and program sessions, including arrival and departure periods, briefing and debriefing.
- Participate in all portions of the five online orientation sessions and five connection days on campus.
- Collaborate with other Orientation Leaders to create OL video to share with new students and families
- Posting on New Student Programs social media
- On going communication to new students
- Assist the Associate/Assistant Dean of their college with academic advising and course registration as needed
- Facilitate discussion and coordinate virtual and in person team building activities for orientation small groups
- Work collaboratively and effectively with a diverse group of staff members
- Be responsible and accountable to team members, staff, and new students and their families
- Serve as a positive role model and interact with team members, staff and new students authentically, truthfully, and honestly
- Other responsibilities as assigned