Job Description and Application
Orientation Leaders serve as a primary resource for new students and their families and are therefore expected to exhibit a high degree of maturity, responsibility, integrity, care, friendliness, and a positive attitude. Orientation Leaders should also exhibit a strong commitment to the mission of Drake University.
Orientation Leaders and other staff members will work to create a friendly and helpful environment in which students and their families can find answers to their many questions and concerns about Drake University. Specific duties will include the following:
- Attend ALL portions of the orientation staff development and program sessions, including arrival and departure periods, briefing and debriefing.
- Participate in all portions of the five orientation sessions on campus.
- Collaborate with other Orientation Leaders to create OL video to share with new students and families
- Posting on New Student Programs social media
- On going communication to new students
- Assist the Associate/Assistant Dean of their college with academic advising and course registration as needed
- Facilitate discussion and coordinate team building activities for orientation small groups
- Work collaboratively and effectively with a diverse group of staff members
- Be responsible and accountable to team members, staff, and new students and their families
- Serve as a positive role model and interact with team members, staff and new students authentically, truthfully, and honestly
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Orientation Leader Important Dates
Optional Informational Meetings: Click here to sign up for one!
- Monday, December 4 - 5:00pm in Olmsted Conference Room 310
- Friday, February 2 - 2:00pm on Zoom
- Tuesday, February 13 - 5:00pm in Olmsted Conference Room 310
- Monday, February 19 at 12:00pm
Spring Development in the Drake Room:
- Friday, March 29 - 11:00am - 1:00pm
- Friday, April 5 - 11:00am - 1:00pm
- Friday, April 12 - 11:00am - 1:00pm
- Fri., April 19 - 11:00am - 1:00pm
- Tuesday, May 27 – Friday, May 31, 2024 - all day
Summer Orientation Sessions:
- Session 1 – Tuesday, June 4 – Wednesday – June 5
- Session 2 – Sunday, June 9 – Monday – June 10
- Session 3 – Friday, June 14 – Saturday, June 15
- Session 4 – Sunday, June 23 – Monday, June 24
- Session 5 – Thursday, June 27 – Friday, June 28