Due to the U.S. Department of State’s "Travel 4 Advisory: Do Not Travel" to China, Working Worldwide is not currently placing applicants in China for the 2020-2021 Academic Year. Placements in Kosovo are proceeding as planned.
Drake University’s Working Worldwide program has a simple online application through the platform Terra Dotta and an in-person interview.
The deadline for applying to Working Worldwide is March 1, 2020. Applications must be submitted by 12:00 PM CST.
Terra Dotta will be the general portal for document collection and post-acceptance program requirements. Details will be shared with applicants throughout the process.
Applicants who demonstrate the emotional maturity to adapt to living and working in a new culture, who successfully show how this program supports their personal and/or professional goals, and who demonstrate professionalism throughout the application and selection process will be offered a spot in the Working Worldwide program. Please note that ultimate participation is dependent on hirability with our partner organizations. While teaching experience is not a requirement to participate, gaining teaching, mentoring, or tutoring experience is highly encouraged and those with this experience will have more options for placement.
There are three main steps in applying and securing your place in the Working Worldwide program:
1. Online application through Terra Dotta, including $150 application fee (counts toward overall program fee). Deadline is 12:00 PM CST on March 1, 2020.
2. In-person interview with Working Worldwide program staff. Skype interviews are possible in specific cases.
3. Deposit. If you have been offered placement with the program, we require a $500 non-refundable deposit (that goes toward your overal program fee) to secure your commitment to Working Worldwide.
4. Pay the remainder of the Program Fee. Please see the program's FAQ page for more details about what the fee covers. Exact price to be finalized. Total program price: China: $1,995; Kosovo: $1,695.
(Further details provided within application)
**PLEASE NOTE: Applications must be "Submitted" in Terra Dotta to be considered complete. The application fee MUST be paid and all required information entered into the application by March 1.
1. Go to the Terra Dotta website (http://drake-sa.terradotta.com/)
2. Click on “Programs”
3. Under “Simple Search”, Show: “Outgoing”, Name: “Working Worldwide”, Term: “Post-grad Teaching”
4. Click on the Program Name
5. On the brochure page, click “Apply Now”
6. Create profile and begin application. You may save and log out at any point.