Drake University’s Working Worldwide program has a simple online application through the platform Terra Dotta and an in-person interview.
The deadline for applying to Working Worldwide is March 1, 2019. Applications must be submitted by 12:00 PM CST.
Terra Dotta will be the general portal for document collection and post-acceptance program requirements. Details will be shared with applicants throughout the process.
Applicants who demonstrate the emotional maturity to adapt to living and working in a new culture, who successfully show how this program supports their personal and/or professional goals, and who demonstrate professionalism throughout the application and selection process will be offered a place to Teach in China. While teaching experience is not a requirement to participate, gaining teaching, mentoring, or tutoring experience is highly encouraged and those with this experience will have more options for placement.
There are three main steps in applying and securing your place in the Teach in China program:
1. Online application through Terra Dotta, including $150 application fee (counts toward overall program fee). Deadline is 12:00 PM CST on March 1, 2018.
2. In-person interview with Teach in China program staff. Skype interviews are possible in specific cases.
3. Deposit. If you have been offered placement with the program, we require a $500 non-refundable deposit (that goes toward your overal program fee) to secure your commitment to Teach in China.
4. Pay the remainder of the Program Fee. To complete the fee of $1,995, your final payment will be $1,345. Please see the program's FAQ page for more details about what the fee covers.
(Further details provided within application)
**PLEASE NOTE: Applications must be "Submitted" in Terra Dotta to be considered complete. The application fee MUST be paid and all required information entered into the application by March 1. Letters of recommendation may be received from recommenders no later than March 9.
1. Go to the Terra Dotta website (http://drake-sa.terradotta.com/)
2. Click on “Programs”
3. Under “Simple Search”, Show: “Outgoing”, Name: “Teach in China”, Term: “Post-grad Teaching”
4. Click on the Program Name
5. On the brochure page, click “Apply Now”
6. Create profile and begin application. You may save and log out at any point.