Applying to Working Worldwide
Drake University’s Working Worldwide program has a simple online application through the platform Terra Dotta and an in-person interview.
Working Worldwide applications for 2023-2024 placements are open with acceptance on a rolling basis, and will be due May 15, 2023.
*Placements in China for the 2023-2024 Working Worldwide application cycle are unavailable. Placements in Kosovo are still proceeding as planned, and interested applicants are encouraged to apply.
Terra Dotta will be the general portal for document collection and post-acceptance program requirements. Details will be shared with applicants throughout the process.
Applications will be evaluated and participants welcomed into the program based on the following criteria:
- Commitment to completing a full-year of living and working in Kosovo
- Interest in Kosovar language and/or culture, cross-cultural learning, or gaining professional experience
- Ability to express how the experience fits into your overall personal or professional goals
- Ability to pass a disciplinary check through your university
- Possession of an undergraduate degree or the ability to graduate in the spring of the program year
- Track record of professionalism and maturity in varying contexts
- Emotional maturity needed to adapt to a new living environment
Please note that ultimate participation is dependent on hire ability with our partner organizations.
Application & Hiring Process
- Schedule a Working Worldwide advising appointment with Chelsea Funk, Assistant Director of Education Abroad here.
- Complete the Terra Dotta application, including two letters of recommendation: one academic and one professional.
- Interview with Drake Global Engagement staff. Interviews will be conducted either in-person or remotely.
- If selected to move forward, our local partner will identify employers in Kosovo whose needs align with the Applicant's interest and experience.
- Once an employer is identified, Applicants will interview directly with the employer.
- Should an employer choose to extend an offer, a contract will be executed between the Applicant and employer outlining terms of employment, benefits, and pay.
- The program fee for Working Worldwide Kosovo 2023-2024 is $975:
- Your $100 application fee (paid when submitting your application) constituted your first payment towards this total.
- If accepted into the program, to continue in the process with Working Worldwide, you will need to Commit to the program by paying a $500 non-refundable Confirmation Deposit Fee.
- The remaining program fees ($375) will be due within 7 days of receiving an offer of employment.
Online application requirements
(Further details provided within application)
- Advising Appointment: schedule a brief advising appointment with Chelsea Funk, Assistant Director of Education Abroad, to discuss the program and your interest.
- Short Questionnaire: General questions about yourself in relation to the program.
- Personal Statement & Placement Preferences Questionnaire: A brief essay highlighting how this program supports your personal and/or professional goals. Opportunity to request a specific industry or other placement preference.
- Agreements: read and sign your understanding of program details, responsibilities, fee schedule, waivers, etc.
- Two letters of recommendation: one academic and one professional
- Resume: Highlighting all relevant work experience, including any teaching, mentoring, or tutoring experience.
- Transcript: An official hard copy is required. See Supporting Materials below.
- Application Fee: Applications for Working Worldwide will not be complete without the $100 application fee. This counts toward the overall program fee.
- Diploma (Optional): A scanned PDF if you have already graduated.
**PLEASE NOTE: Applications must be "Submitted" in Terra Dotta to be considered complete. The application fee MUST be paid and all required information entered into the application by May 15.
How to find the Working Worldwide application in Terra Dotta
1. Go to the Terra Dotta website (http://drake-sa.terradotta.com/)
2. Click on “Programs”
3. Under “Simple Search”, Show: “Outgoing”, Name: “Working Worldwide”, Term: “Post-Grad Work”
4. Click on the Program Name
5. On the brochure page, click “Apply Now”
6. Create profile and begin application. You may save and log out at any point.
Working Worldwide Transcript Request Form
Physical Examination Record Form: China