Drake University’s Working Worldwide program has a simple online application through the platform Terra Dotta and an in-person interview.
Working Worldwide applications for 2022-2023 placements will open in late February 2022, and will be due April 1.
*For the 2022-2023 Working Worldwide application cycle, please know that it is our understanding that it is currently not possible for U.S. Citizens to receive a visa to teach English in China. Due to this, we will not be moving forward with placements in China for the 2022-2023 Working Worldwide application cycle. Placements in Kosovo are still proceeding as planned, and interested applicants are encouraged to apply.
Terra Dotta will be the general portal for document collection and post-acceptance program requirements. Details will be shared with applicants throughout the process.
Working Worldwide applicants who demonstrate the emotional maturity to adapt to living and working in a new culture, who successfully show how this program supports their personal and/or professional goals, and who demonstrate professionalism throughout the application and selection process will be offered a spot in the Working Worldwide program. Please note that ultimate participation is dependent on hire ability with our partner organizations.
There are four main steps in applying and securing your place in the Working Worldwide program:
1. Online application through Terra Dotta, including $100 application fee (counts toward overall program fee). Instructions on how to submit payment can be found in applicant's Terra Dotta application. Deadline is 11:59 PM CST on April 1, 2022.
2. Interview (in-person or virtual) with Working Worldwide program staff.
3. Deposit. If you have been offered placement with the program, a $300 non-refundable deposit (that goes toward your overal program fee) is required to secure your commitment to Working Worldwide.
4. Pay the remainder of the Program Fee. Please see the program's FAQ page for more details about what the fee covers. 2022-2023 program fee: $975.
(Further details provided within application)
**PLEASE NOTE: Applications must be "Submitted" in Terra Dotta to be considered complete. The application fee MUST be paid and all required information entered into the application by April 1.
1. Go to the Terra Dotta website (http://drake-sa.terradotta.com/)
2. Click on “Programs”
3. Under “Simple Search”, Show: “Outgoing”, Name: “Working Worldwide”, Term: “Post-grad Teaching”
4. Click on the Program Name
5. On the brochure page, click “Apply Now”
6. Create profile and begin application. You may save and log out at any point.