Department Chairs play a major leadership role in the University. They lead in the development of new programs in their areas, and revisions of current programs. They lead annual assessment and program review.
This section has links to resources that can help with those efforts.
- New Program Proposal Guidelines
- Departmental Assessment
- Academic Program Annual Review
- Allard, Carolyn. The Essentials for New Department Chairs. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2011.
- Buller, Jeffrey. The Essential Department Chair: A Comprehensive Desk Reference. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2011.
- Chu, Don. The Department Chair Primer: What Chairs Need to Know and Do to Make a Difference. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2012.
- Kubicek, Jeremie, and Cockram, Steve. The 5 Voices . Presentation, GIANT Worldwide, 2020.
- Lain, Erin. Equity & Inclusion at Drake University. Presentation, Drake University, 2019.
- Lee-Schneider, Erin. Administrative Efficiency Tools to increase efficiency and decrease stress Presentation, Drake University, 2019.
- Lee-Schneider, Erin. Top 5 Tips for Managing Email. Presentation, Drake University, 2019.
- BI Portal (If accessing off campus, your computer will need to have VPN access)
- Continuous Improvement Plan