Student Travel Reimbursement Information
Thanks to the generosity of CPHS alumni and friends, Pharmacy & Health Sciences students may apply for funding to reimburse registration, travel, and hotel costs to attend professional conferences and meetings related to their education, such as a healthcare conference or a student association state, regional and/or national meeting. Activities related to campus courses or activities (e.g. driving to and from campus, activities related to or involving experiential programs/rotations, etc.) will NOT be considered for reimbursement.
In order to qualify for reimbursement, students must first request support through the completion of the CPHS Professional Event Funding Request Form located in the CPHS Online Forms Library. The Associate Dean will respond to the request with the approved level of funding and additional information regarding the submission of required forms.
You must keep ORIGINAL RECEIPTS for airline tickets, meeting or conference registrations, hotel accommodations, shuttles, taxis, and airport parking. All receipts must be in your name to receive reimbursement.
- Airline Costs: When purchasing airline tickets through a third party site (i.e. Orbitz, Expedia, etc.) be sure to print your receipt of payment, which lists your name and credit card payment. Your confirmation email is not a receipt. Receipts for baggage fees are required for reimbursement.
- Mileage Costs: Mileage will be reimbursed for use of personal automobile for actual miles driven during travel. As of 1/1/18, the IRS milage rate for travel reimbursement is $0.545 cents per mile. Gas receipts are not required.
- Hotel Costs: Hotel receipts must be in your name. If you are sharing a hotel room with other students, ask the hotel to divide the receipt and provide individual copies for each person in the room.
- Registration Costs: An email confirmation of a conference or meeting registration stating your name, payment information, and cost is an acceptable receipt.
Submitting Travel Reimbursement
Upon return from your trip, you must complete and submit the travel reimbursement expense form and original receipts to the College Office, Cline 106. Reimbursements must be submitted within 30 days of your return. Reimbursements submitted after 90 days from your return will not be processed.
Completing the Travel Expense Reimbursement Form
- Student Travel Reimbursement Form
- For each expense, record the date the expense occurred, the dollar amount spent under the appropriate column heading, a brief description of the event/item, and the total dollar amount spent.
- If your travel allotment is a specific dollar amount, submit receipts that come closest to the total. The Office of Student and Academic Affairs will modify your final total to reflect the amount you were awarded.
- Print out and sign the box at the bottom left of the form. Please note: The Accounting Office will not accept a faxed copy of the Travel Expense Reimbursement form or copies of your receipts.
- Turn in the form and original receipts to the Cline CPHS Office. Dr. Chesnut will complete the account information, sign, and submit your form and receipts to the Accounting Office.
- A reimbursement check will be mailed to the address listed on your form within 3-4 weeks of submission to the Accounting Office.
Travel Reimbursement Disclaimer
Students are responsible for following all Drake University travel policies and procedures. Reimbursements submitted without the appropriate paperwork, documentation, or receipts will not be processed.