Current students can click here to schedule an appointment.
How do I arrange academic accommodations?
- To start the process, you will need to fill out an Online Accommodation Request form here. Please contact the Office of Student Disability Services if you need any accommodations in this process.
- Schedule and attend an intake appointment with your coordinator via Starfish here. During the intake appointment, you and your coordinator will engage in an “interactive” process in which you discuss the following:
- The documentation you submitted;
- Barriers you experience in your academics and/or activities;
- Your accommodation inquiries and suggestions; and
- The specific adjustments or services (reasonable accommodations) that are available for you, and how to set up those accommodations.
- During your appointment with disability services, an email will be sent by a staff member to all your instructors listing your approved reasonable accommodattions. You are responsible to follow-up with your instructors to discuss accommodations. A faculty member may have additional questions or seek alternative arrangements, and the Office can help facilitate this process.
- You will need to check in with the SDS Office and receive approvals each semester for accommodations.
We thank you for your cooperation and participation in the process. Through these steps, the SDS Office will fully document the date you request accommodations, the nature of each request and any supporting documentation, the reason(s) for any denials, and the interactive process occurs.
What Are My Responsibilities as a Student with a Disability?
Are there scholarships available for students with disabilities?
Joseph H. Morris Scholarship