DU What Matters
2019 Campus Climate Survey
Click above to view the 2019-2020 campus climate results. You must have Drake login credentials to view.
Every four to five years, our institution evaluates how our community members experience Drake. During Fall 2019, Drake went through the process of evaluating how inclusive we are through a three-step process:
- Campus-wide survey
- Several roundtable discussions surrounding the findings
- Development of next steps to continue the transformation of our campus into an inclusive and equitable place to live, learn and work.
Five years ago, when we engaged in the campus climate assessment through the We Make Drake Campaign, we found that not everyone experiences Drake in the same way, or in a positive way. These findings helped produce change, such as the creation of the Associate Provost for Campus Equity and Inclusion position, the equity action partners and student equity action partners, the Bulldog Foundations course, and the development of campus-wide inclusion trainings. Although much progress has been made in terms of diversity, equity, and inclusion, there is still a lot of work to be done.
- The survey took place from November 5 - November 26, 2019.
- The Assessment team analyzed the data from the survey during the Spring and Summer 2020 semesters.
- At 12 pm on November 9th and 10th, 2020, two-town hall meetings and several roundtable discussions will take place to share the data and develop next steps. Click here to register
- Small group discussion will be held for all faculty, staff, and students from November 11-November 20, 2020 to brainstorm actions that can be taken from the campus climate results. Click here to register.
- Ideas will be collected from the small group discussions and turned into a campus-wide action plan. the plan will be unveiled in Spring 2021.
Review findings of the 2015 Campus Climate Survey.