We want to hear about your promotions, awards, and achievements! Send your alumni notes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nick Cooper, LW'04, has been named president of the Polk County Bar Association.
- Kelse Banks, LW'19, has accepted a position as assistant state's attorney for
Lake County State's Attorney's Office in Waukegan, IL 60085.
- Krystal Mikkilineni, LW'13, has joined Bradshaw Fowler Proctor & Fairgrave PC as an associate attorney.
Emily Eisenlauer, AS'16, LW'18, has accepted a position as Assistant Bank Examiner for the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
Martha A. Sibbel, LW'06, has been named Assistant County Attorney in Crawford County, Iowa.
- Samuel Charnetski, LW'13, has joined Pearson Bollman Law in West Des Moines, Iowa. Sam practices in the areas of estate planning, probate, and litigation.
- James L. Drury II, LW'97, has joined the Goosmann Law Firm in Sioux City, Iowa. James practices in the areas of business, litigation, and employment law.
- Maggie White, AS'06, LW'13, has been named to the board for Please Pass The Love, a nonprofit that empowers school communities to embrace and sustain mental health and wellness supports for their students.
- Antavious Ashe, LW'18, is legislative assistant to Rep. Terry Garrison, North Carolina House District 32.
- Jeffrey Karch, GR'93, LW'93, has been promoted to Deputy Chief Counsel and Director, Global Regulatory Compliance & Data Governance at John Deere Financial.
- Bryan Dearinger, LW'05, associate general counsel and adjunct law professor at the University of Oregon, was recently selected to serve a three-year term as a Ninth Circuit lawyer representative for the District of Oregon. Lawyer representatives are chosen by federal judges in each of the Ninth Circuit’s 15 districts. In this role, Bryan will work closely with federal judges and the federal bar to improve the administration of justice in the Circuit. He will also help plan the District of Oregon Conference and represent the District of Oregon at the annual Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference.
- The following Drake Law alumni have been named shareholders with Nyemaster Goode, PC: Leslie Behaunek (LW'12), Spencer Cady (BN '09, LW '13), Colleen MacRae (LW'12), Dustin Miller (LW'08), Rebecca Miller (LW'09), and Ryan Stefani (LW'14).
- Robert Ziems, LW'95, President, Global Chief Legal Officer, Director and Corporate Secretary of Aruze Gaming America was selected by Global Gaming Business for their list of 25 People to Watch in 2020.
- John Fatino, LW'91, was elected to the District 5C Judicial Nominating Commission. John is a shareholder at Whitfield & Eddy Law.
- Kimberly Stamatelos, LA'78, LW'81, has launched an online divorce platform, UnHitchUs.com. Now clients who agree on most terms can complete their whole divorce online, for a flat fee.
- Erin Dallinger-Lain, AS'06, LW'08, and Miriam Van Heukelem, LW'09, were named to the Business Record's 2020 Forty Under 40 list of honorees.
- Jonathan Steele, LW'18, has accepted a position with the DeKalb County Solicitor General’s Office in Decatur, Georgia.
- Brandon Geib, LW'15, has joined Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield as Government Relations Counsel.
- Mike Traxinger, LW'12, is President of the American Agricultural Law Association.
- Nichole Hayden, LW'04, has been elected to partnership at Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP. Nichole is a registered patent attorney and practices in the intellectual property group in Nelson Mullins Charlotte, NC office.
- Jennifer Harrington, LW'18, has been promoted to partner at Buchanan, Bibler, Gabor & Meis, LLP.
- Elizabeth Burns-Thompson, LW'14, was named to the Des Moines Register's list of 15 People to Watch in 2020.
- Ashley F. Charnetski, LW'13, Molly M. Brown, LW'13, GR'13, and Gary D. Goudelock Jr., LW'05, have been named as member attorneys at Whitfield & Eddy Law.
- Bianca E. Bentzin, LW’94, completed a master’s degree in counseling and started “Being Well with Bianca” providing corporate trainings on psychological wellness and leadership and psychotherapy to individuals and couples.
- Maria Brownell, LW'09, and Conner Wasson, LW'14, been elected partner at the Ahlers & Cooney law firm.
See more alumni notes: