International Relations Minor
Requirements for the Minor in International Relations:
- Minors must complete a minimum of 21 hours in International Relations in the following manner:
- Two introductory-level required courses for a total of 6 credit hours:
- POLS 065 Comparative Politics (3 hrs)
- POLS 075 World Politics (3 hrs)
- Three upper-level required courses for a total of 9 credit hours:
- POLS 126 Political Economy of Globalization (3 hrs)
- POLS 170 International Law (3 hrs)
- POLS 1xx International Security (3 hrs)
- One 3-credit upper-level elective course in comparative politics, to be determined in consultation with your advisor.
- Three credit hours must be taken in study of a language other than English, either at Drake or through an institution abroad from which Drake accepts credits. Note that this requirement may not be waived on the basis of either prior language competence or language study prior to university.
- For graduation, minors must have at least a 2.00 cumulative G.P.A. in all courses counted towards the minor.
- Only Pols 065 and Pols 075 can count as credits towards both an IR minor and a Politics major or minor.