Spring Orientation Schedule - Friday, January 20, 2023
8:30am - Check in
9:00am – Welcome
9:15am - Drake ITS and Student Services Center
Learn how to access and use all of Drake’s technology resources and why they are so important to you. In this session, you will also learn the basic functions of the Student Services Center, such as Drake Card functions, Bulldog Bucks management, and Parking Pass purchases.
9:45am - How to be a True Blue Bulldog
10:30am – Breakout Sessions - students can select two of the four sessions below:
- Recreational Services – Recreational Services provide numerous opportunities for you to stay active and building healthy relationships while on campus or attending virtually. We offer a variety of programs and facilities and will take this time to discuss intramurals, wellness, group fitness, and recreation facilities. We will offer both in person and virtual opportunities during the Spring semester.
- Student Accounts and Financial Aid – Next Steps - Learn about the student billing and payment process, how students approve parents to view their student accounts and arrange payment plans, and how scholarships, grants, loans, and work study are finalized and paid to student accounts.
Student Involvement - At Drake, there are plenty of ways you can get involved on campus! Come learn about the many opportunities to get involved and have fun on campus. From professional organizations to social or academic groups (and don’t forget about the exciting events in between), you can truly DU you!
- Study Abroad - Have you dreamed of studying abroad? Now’s the time to learn how Drake can help you find an international program that works for you. We have hundreds of program options, award more than $100,000 in study abroad scholarships each year, and courses taken abroad can count toward your Drake degree.
- Access & Success - Academic Achievement is extremely important to a student’s success in college. Learning and understanding skills such as time management, good study habits, and reading strategies can be challenging when you are coming into college for the first time. This session aims to help students understand the importance of academic achievement and take some tools to be PROACTIVE for the start of the semester and not REACTIVE.
11:45am - College/School Meetings
- An important piece of college is what happens in the classroom. This is your opportunity to find out what you can expect from your college/school and ask any questions you may have.
1:00pm - Lunch and Conversation with Drake Staff & Faculty
- Representatives from other key offices and departments will join for lunch and conversation. (Professional and Career Development Services; Financial Aid; Student Accounts; International Programs and Admission)
2:00pm - Cowles Library Tour and Campus Tour
- Visit Cowles Library to learn about the resources available to you during your time at Drake. This Session will include a short tour to get oriented to the different library spaces and a brief introduction to online resources available.