College study skills are imperative for academic achievement. Good study skills are critical to ensuring success. Study skills provide the structure we need to be both effective and efficient when we study.
Drake Access and Success Resources
- Take the following Study Skills Self-Assessments to find out what areas of study you need to focus on.
- Here are some active learning strategies to help you in retaining information.
- Here are some study strategies to make the most of your study time in being efficient and effective.
- Exams can be difficult and cause stress. Use the below resources to help schedule out your study time before a big test.
- Understanding Assignments (University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill): Use this handout to learn how to decode what your professor wants from an assignment. Most professors follow a similar format for each assignment, and this sheet can help you understand it and then get started!
- How To Study (Howtostudy.org): This website will be split into different categories. This website has many great links to information on a variety of subjects including organizational tips, study environment, how to get motivated, researching, concentration, and information on how to study based on the subject.
- SelfControl (concentration): App that blocks computer access to websites that could be a source of distraction.
- Scribd (document sharing): Website that allows for document sharing and gives you access to e-books and written publications.