Zimpleman College of Business Dean Team
The Zimpleman College of Business Dean Team is comprised of a select group of top-tier business students who demonstrate an interest in being a future successful leader in the private sector. Students must apply into the Zimpleman College of Business Dean Team as an entering first year student to Drake. Students selected for this program will receive a $1,000 College of Business textbook scholarship and a wide variety of perks, leadership development, and access to leaders as highlighted below:
Zimpleman College of Business Dean Team students will be immersed in the world of business through on-going meetings with the Dean of the Zimpleman College of Business during their first year at Drake. In addition, members of the Dean Team will receive first-hand exposure to the burgeoning Des Moines business community through dialogs with business executives and tours of innovative start-ups and major regional employers.
The Zimpleman College of Business Dean Team Program elements include:
- $1,000 first-year Dean Team scholarship for books (can be used over the time of a student's undergraduate career as a College of Business student)
- Regular team meetings with the Dean of the Zimpleman College of Business during a student's first year at Drake
- Enhanced class registration support
- Enhanced access to stipends
- Leadership development opportunities
- Commitment to servant leadership through the Dean’s Honor Roll for Social Impact
- Continuing education through the Zimpleman College of Business graduate business programs including admission preference and priority access to scholarships
Application Requirements & Deadlines
The deadline to apply is February 20, 2024. The following criteria is required for a complete application:
- Entering first-year students must apply and submit all required application materials to the Drake University by February 20, 2024. A candidate's application for admission must indicate their first-choice major as one of the Zimpleman College of Business degree programs.
- Eligible candidates must have a minimum of 3.8 high school GPA on a 4.0 scale. Transcripts must be postmarked or submitted with their application for admission by February 20, 2024.
- Attend a virtual and/or on-campus visit by February 20, 2024.
- In addition, applicants must apply and submit the separate Zimpleman College of Business Dean Team application by February 20, 2024 as well. The Zimpleman College of Business Dean Team application will include submission of two video essays.
Please log in using your Office of Admission application credentials. (If you have not yet started your admission application, you must start it before you can set up a scholarship/special program application.
Selection and notification
20 students will be selected and notified by late-March. Students who are selected for the Zimpleman College of Business Dean Team must enroll at Drake by May 1, 2024 to be considered a member of the program.
Participants must be Zimpleman College of Business students and maintain a 3.0 GPA while in the program.
Special consideration will be given to those who are the first person in their immediate family to attend a four-year institution.
Law 3 + 3
Undergraduate awards available for 3 years or until first year of Law Program (L1).
Doctor of Pharmacy
Undergraduate awards available for 4 years or through the 2nd year of the Pharmacy Program (P2).
Occupational Therapy Doctorate 3+3
Undergraduate awards available for 3 years or until the first year of the OTD program (O1). There is a one-time, $5,000 scholarship for O1.
Masters in Athletic Training
Undergraduate awards available for 3 years or until the first year of the Athletic Training Program (AT1). There is a one-time, $5,000 scholarship for AT1.