Honors Program John August Book Award
This scholarship was created by the Honors Student Council and Faculty Advisor Board in recognition of the generosity to the Honors Program of John August, Class of 1992 Drake Alum, and it supports the cost of books for the Honors Track requirements. Three John August Book Scholarships are awarded each year.
The recipient of the John August Book Award must be:
- An entering Fall term first-year or transfer student at Drake University who applies to the Honors Program prior to the March 1 priority deadline.
- A student who demonstrates a willingness to reach beyond their majors to engage interdisciplinary, writing & reading-intensive, discussion-dependent learning in the Honors Program curriculum.
To be considered for the Honors Program John August Book Award Scholarship:
- Complete an application to Drake and be admitted to the University.
- Complete an Honors Program Application, which includes submission of responses to three questions, before the March 1 Priority deadline.
Honors Program applicants who meet the priorty March 1 deadline will be notified if selected in late March.
- The John August Book Award covers the cost of qualified Honors Program book purchases; recipients receive reimbursement to their Drake account.
- The Book Award Scholarship is renewed annually for each year of undergraduate degree program, as students complete Honors Track requirements.
Law 3 + 3
Undergraduate awards available for 3 years or until first year of Law Program (L1).
Doctor of Pharmacy
Undergraduate awards available for 4 years or through the 2nd year of the Pharmacy Program (P2).
Masters in Athletic Training
Undergraduate awards available for 3 years or until the first year of the Athletic Training Program (AT1). There is a one-time, $5000 scholarship for AT1.
Occupational Therapy Doctorate 3+3
Undergraduate awards available for 3 years or until the first year of the OTD program (O1). There is a one-time, $5000 scholarship for O1.