There are many ways to integrate community activities into a course. We recognize that CEL extends beyond traditional service-learning and may include a field experience, practicum, internship, capstone, research project, clinical, co-op, or co-curricular activity. See the CEL attribute page for more information.
Upon request, the Office of Community Engaged Learning can assist with:
- Mini grants for supplies and logistical support.
- and providing descriptive information about the sites.
- Presenting the topic of community engagement & service-learning.
- Developing reflection prompts and/or offering general or course-specific reflection sessions.
- Conducting community partner, student, and faculty assessments.
Check out our Resource Library for tools to help you integrate community activities into the classroom, or set up a consultation with Mallary Allen, Director of Community Engaged Learning.