The following is the ABA Standard 301 Statement regarding learning outcomes for the Compliance and Risk Management Certificate:
Knowledge of Legal System
- Knowledge and Understanding of Substantive Law
- Demonstrate knowledge of state and federal regulations and agencies.
- Demonstrate an ability to research, understand, and stay up to date on regulatory changes that affect business choices.
- Knowledge and Understanding of Procedural Law
- Analyze existing case authority in implementing current and future compliance policies.
Compliance and Risk Management
- Develop an understanding of how to ensure compliance with laws and regulations that govern various industries.
- Analyze legal issues relating to compliance structures, risk processes, and roles and responsibilities within organizations.
- Apply risk management skills to identify, measure, assess, reduce, and manage legal risks in the workplace.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate effectiveness of compliance programs.
- Formulate conceptual frameworks for future compliance and risk management strategies.
Professionalism and Ethics
- Analyze ways in which organizational policies and procedures can influence ethical business conduct
- Articulates and challenges a tradition, assumption, or prevailing business practice by raising and examining relevant ethical perspectives
- Distinguishes activities and judgments particularly subject to ethical issues from those that are less subject to ethical issues
- Use leadership and communication skills to effectively interact with a diverse range of stakeholders