Skip Sub Menu
Events & Activities
Answering the question “what do you do for fun around here?” could take a very long time. The line-up of events and activities happening across Drake’s campus is never-ending, from guest lectures to jazz concerts, singing comedians to bulldog beauty pageants.
If you’re wondering where to start, here are a few ideas:
- Student Activities Board (SAB) Concerts—Rock to a steady stream of shows featuring acts from the nationally recognized to the up-and-coming.
- Step Show—Marvel at the rhythm and precision on display at this annual highlight, staged by our Pan-Hellenic organizations along with the Coalition of Black Students.
- Anderson Gallery— See some great art at this beautiful venue where an exhibition opening can mean the chance to chat with the artist, mingle with friends, and get inspired.
- Homecoming Events—Put your Bulldog spirit on display at a week of events leading up to the Homecoming game, from the Homecoming Picnic on Helmick Commons to window painting at Meredith Hall.
- Comedy Shows—Laugh yourself silly when a comedian, hypnotist, or other offbeat entertainer takes to the stage.
- Residence Life Traditions—Enjoy one of the events that have been adding a spark to campus life as long as anyone can remember: Stalnaker Halloween Dance, Crawford Olympics, Siblings Weekend, or just a movie night.
- Street Painting—Make some beauty underfoot at an annual event in which campus groups show their spirit by applying vast amounts of paint to a broad, bright ribbon of pavement—and themselves.
- Harmon Fine Arts Center—Take in a play—a comedy, a drama, or anything in between—staged by Drake’s own talented students.
- Patty and Fred Turner Jazz Center—Catch a world-class jazz act at this venue for Drake’s award-winning ensembles, touring professionals, and local groups.
- Sweetheart Sing—Hear some songs and sing along at this harmonious and sometimes hilarious tradition dating to 1935, in which Drake’s Greek organizations take to the stage and vocalize for charity.