The Student Services Center is the location to pick up or purchase annual or semester parking permits for the Drake lots for all faculty, staff, and students.
Parking permits can be denied to students, faculty, contract employees, or staff who have unpaid fines.
Ways to purchase:
- Order through myDrake and pay via credit/debit/ACH. Passes can be picked-up in the Student Services Center when convenient.
- Purchase in the Student Services Center during open hours.
- Faculty and Staff can utilize a payroll deduct option for the payment of their permits (must submit in the SSC).
- Short-term passes are also available for online purchase if an annual or semester permit is not needed. Click on one of the links below to purchase a short-term pass.
You can find Parking Registration, Payroll Deduct forms, and additional parking information on the Department of Public Safety website.
YELLOW (OLMSTED) PASSHOLDERS: Please note the following dates when the Olmsted Parking lot will be closed for University events in the fall semester. On the dates listed Olmsted parking permits will be honored in all commuter lots with the exception of Lot 13 (Red) and Lots 18N&S (Green).
- Friday, 9/13 from 6 a.m.–noon
- Thursday, 9/19 from 6 a.m.–noon
- Monday, 10/7 All Day
- Thursday, 10/17 6 a.m.–noon
- Friday, 10/18 6 a.m.–noon
- Monday, 11/11 All Day
- Drake University requires a parking permit to park in Drake parking lots. Visitors can purchase a commuter lot pass or a residential lot (overnight) pass, and should park in one of the two VISITOR LOTS on campus. Permits should be printed and placed on the dashboard of your car.
- Visitor lots will be indicated by Gray signs, and will also have parking meters in case you do not have a printed permit. Please do not park in a lot that is not designated as a "Visitor Lot", and please do not park in a Drake parking lot without a permit to avoid ticketing and towing.
- The Fine Arts parking lot (lot #1) does not require a permit after 4:30 pm, and could be utilized for guest parking.
- There are options for free parking on the streets around most of the campus. Please take note of any time limits and city regulations that are posted.