Prospective Student Auditions/Visit Day
Due to the pandemic, there are only online auditions for students entering in 2021.
Who should audition/what the audition looks like:
- Students wishing to pursue a Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) degree in performance (Acting, Musical Theatre, or Teacher Certification) or a minor in Musical Theatre must audition for admission into the program.
- Students wishing to pursue a B.F.A. degree in Design and Technology must interview and present their portfolio for admission into the program.
- Student wishing to purse a B.A. degree or a minor besides Music Theatre do not need to audition.
- There is no prescreen audition
How to submit an audition/portfolio:
- Audition videos and/or portfolio materials must be submitted by Feb. 5, 2021 through getacceptd.com . There are two ways to do this.
- Please fill out this form, so we know that you intend to submit an audition.
- Go to getacceptd.com and submit your audition directly to Drake University Theatre. For applicants with financial hardship, apply for a fee waiver at GetAcceptd Fee Waiver request.
- You may also create a Free DISCOVER ME profile on GetAcceptd and REGISTER HERE(the form listed above) so our faculty will be notified to look for your materials.
When students audition/interview for acceptance into one of the B.F.A. degree programs, they are ALSO auditioning for possible Fine Arts Scholarship awards.
Musical theatre minors and B.A. majors are not elible for Fine Arts scholarships.
Apply to Drake University!
Pre-Audition,Virtual Academic Meeting
Interested in learning more about Drake Theatre and submitting your virtual audition? Sign up here
During this virtual visit day with the Drake University Theatre Department, you will have a chance to get to know more about the department including but not limited to the following:
- Facility tour
- Introduction to faculty
- Introduction to current students
- Discuss virtual audition submissions
- Overview of the program
- Benefits of being located in Des Moines
- Breakout session with specific degree programs
- Question and Answer period