Power of Community
Get connected in a vibrant, supportive community—and through the world.
Meaningful experiences inside and outside the classroom, in the surrounding community and throughout the world, bring both depth and breadth to the student experience. Well-connected professors converge with a network of loyal alumni to expand your professional network. And a location in Iowa’s capital city of Des Moines—a hub for insurance, politics, publishing, and other fields—creates unmatched opportunities for hands-on learning and career development.
What makes it possible
- Professors who are not only skilled educators, but accomplished, well-connected practitioners in their fields.
- A network of 74,000+ alumni worldwide, more than 20,000 of whom live, work, and hire in Central Iowa.
- An extensive variety of opportunities for learning outside the classroom, from service-learning courses to January-Term experiences to client-based senior capstone experiences.
- Unique and distinguished on-campus opportunities for learning and internships, ranging from speaker series to presidential debates to the Drake Relays.
- A solid résumé: Professional experiences help your résumé stand out with employers and graduate schools.
- A network: Accomplished professionals who know you well will serve as references and help you get your start.
- Guidance and enduring connections: Faculty, alumni, and community/corporate partners become guides and mentors in your educational experience with relationships that last beyond graduation.