AP, IB, CLEP, and Transfer Credit

AP, IB, CLEP, and Transfer Credit

At Drake, we know that college credit comes in all shapes and sizes.

Whether you’re getting a head start with AP, IB, or CLEP credit, attending an Iowa community college, or taking college courses at another institution, we’re eager to help you leverage the credit you’ve already earned as you start working toward your Drake degree.

When you enroll at Drake, you may transfer up to 94 academic semester credit hours for all majors except pharmacy, which accepts up to 178 credits. A maximum of 66 semester hours of credit may be transferred from two-year institutions. Up to 16 credit hours of career- or vocational-technical courses may be accepted at the discretion of the assistant or associate dean of the Drake college or school in which you want to enroll. A minimum of 30 semester hours must be completed while in residence to earn a Drake degree.

To learn more about transferring your credit, visit the Office of the Registrar's Transfer Credit Information page. You'll find a number of tools to help you apply the credit you've earned toward the goal of a Drake University degree.

Additional transfer resources are also available specifically for international students. Contact your admission counselor for details.