Impact Explorers is a chance for first-year students at Drake to learn about campus resources related to community engagement and social change, and find out about ways to get involved in the local community, while meeting other students with shared interests.
- Attend an introductory workshop on how to get involved in the local community (Aug. 27, 10, 10:30 or 11am in Olmsted)
- Take the Pathways for Civic Action & Social Change survey
- Participate in a 1-1 advising meeting with a Community Engagement Peer to review survey results and brainstorm ways to get involved
- Attend a "Finding Your North Star" workshop to develop an individual impact plan and reflect as a group (to be scheduled)
- Stay up to date with opportunities through the Community Engaged Learning newsletter and social media (@drakeservice)
Participants who successfully complete all steps will earn a certificate and T-shirt (while supplies last).
The time commitment is only about 2-3 hours but the impact will last much longer!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.