College of Business & Public Administration Dean Team
The Dean Team at the College of Business and Public Administration (CBPA) is comprised of a select group of top-tier business students who demonstrate an interest in being a future successful leader in the private sector. Students must apply into the Dean Team as an entering first year student to Drake. Students selected for this program will receive a $1000 College of Business & Public Administration textbook scholarship and a wide variety of perks, leadership development, and access to leaders as highlighted below:
Dean Team students will be immersed in the world of business through on-going meetings with the Dean of the College of Business & Public Administration during their first year at Drake. In addition, members of the Dean Team will receive first-hand exposure to the burgeoning Des Moines business community through dialogs with business executives and tours of innovative start-ups and major regional employers.
The Dean Team Program elements include:
- $1000 First-year Dean Team scholarship for books (can be used over time of a student's undergraduate career as a College of Business & Public Administration student)
- Team meetings with the Dean of the College of Business & Public Administration every two weeks during a student's first year at Drake
- Enhanced class registration support
- Enhanced access to stipends
- Leadership development opportunities
- Commitment to servant leadership through the CBPA Dean’s Honor Roll for Social Impact
- Continuing education through the CBPA’s graduate business programs including admission preference and priority access to scholarships
Application Requirements & Deadlines
The deadline to apply is February 1, 2023. The following criteria is required for a complete application:
- Entering first-year students must apply and submit all required application materials to the Drake University by February 1, 2023. A candidate's application for admission must indicate their first-choice major as one of the College of Business & Public Administration's degree programs.
- Eligible candidates must have a minimum of 3.8 high school GPA on a 4.0 scale. Transcripts must be postmarked or submitted with their application for admission by February 1, 2023.
- In addition, applicants must apply and submit the separate Dean's Team application by February 1, 2023 as well. The Dean's Team application will include submission of two video essays.
- Applicants must show demonstrated interest in Drake University by participation in an Office of Admission visit program/event between January 1, 2022 and February 8, 2023. Students may choose from either an Admission virtual program or Admission on-campus visit. See virtual and on-campus opportunities here.
Please log in using your Office of Admission application credentials. (If you have not yet started your admission application, you must start it before you can set up a scholarship/special program application.
Selection and notification
20 students will be selected and notified by late-March. Students who are selected for the Dean Team must enroll at Drake by May 1, 2023 to be considered a member of the program.
Participants must be College of Business & Public Administration students and maintain a 3.0 GPA while in the program.
Special consideration will be given to those who are the first person in their immediate family to attend a four-year institution.