Drake Admission Partnership Program
Making Your Transition Seamless
Transferring colleges can be overwhelming. Drake University is partnering with Iowa community colleges to make the transfer process as simple as possible. Signing up as a member of the Drake Admission Partnership Program (DAPP) allows students to receive support from Drake staff in order to transfer seamlessly and be successful at Drake.
Who: For prospective transfer students who plan to attend an Iowa community college at least a year before transferring to Drake University to complete their bachelor’s degree. Many students will earn their Associate of Arts (A.A.) or Associate of Science (A.S.) degree before transferring in order to take advantage of the articulation agreement meeting Drake’s general education courses. Earning an A.A. or A.S. before admission and transferring is not required.
Why: To strategically take courses that will meaningfully contribute to your Drake degree.
As a DAPP student, you will receive:
- Guaranteed admission to Drake*
- Access to our Transfer Student Advisor
- An understanding of your degree requirements for optimal academic planning
- Articulation agreement and pathway information
- Cross enrollment course advising
- An invitation to Drake-sponsored career fairs
- A Drake email account
- A Drake student ID, allowing access to the library, recreation facilities, free or discounted Drake events, and so much more!
*Admission to Drake is contingent on meeting articulation agreement requirements and all general education requirements. Some additional admission requirements may be provided, and some programs may be restricted. Please work with your advisor to determine your situation.
For admission questions if you are a student at DMACC, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For admission questions if you are a student at any Iowa community college (excluding DMACC), please contact email@example.com
For advising questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org