Transfer Student Housing

Transfer Student Housing

A place to learn, a place to live.

Being a Drake University student is about more than time in a classroom. Because Drake is very much a residential university, meaningful, memorable learning experiences happen in class, after class, and as you share a late-night pizza with friends. And whether you choose to live in one of our residence halls or in an off-campus apartment, you'll have easy access to all the arts, music, and culture Des Moines has to offer.

Residence Hall Living

Drake residence halls offer all the amenities you want in your home away from home: nicely furnished rooms, air conditioning, cable and wireless internet, cable TV, common areas for hanging out with friends, and kitchens for cooking up a special treat. To learn more, visit the Housing page or the Office of Residence Life site.

Off-Campus Housing

A variety of off-campus housing options are available in the area around Drake University, including furnished apartments in Drake West Village and a number of Drake-owned apartments. In addition, you can request a list of rentals available from local landlords from the Office of Residence Life.


On-Campus Housing Requirement

Full-time students who have been out of high school for two years or less must live in a Drake residence hall. Commuter student exceptions are available for married students or students who live within a 45-mile radius of Drake with their parent(s) or legal guardian. Eligible students will be asked to provide the necessary documentation for a commuter student request when they register for housing and meals.