BFA in Musical Theatre
- Prepare two contrasting monologues (memorized); one must be classical (pre-1900) and one contemporary (post-1900).
- For this audition, please perform monologues from plays. Do not audition with monologues from film scripts/movies, television shows, or musicals.
- Auditions are timed; monologues should not exceed 90 seconds in length, with a total of three minutes for the audition.
- Actors need to introduce both monologues prior to the timed part of the audition. Timing starts with the first word of the first monologue.
Please note: you must time your monologues back to back. Any transition between monologues is part of the total three minutes for the audition.
- Prepare two contrasting songs (memorized) from the Musical Theatre repertoire.
- Actors must sing to accompaniment. Each song should be no longer than 90 seconds.
- Actors have a total of three minutes for the audition; the timing of the audition starts with the first piano note. This does not include the introduction of the songs.
Please note: You must time your songs back to back. Any transition between songs is part of the total three minutes for the audition.
- If you audition in person you may be asked to participate in a dance call. If you are submitting an onlne audition, please be sure to include a video demonstrating your dance abilities.