Teaching Through Learning Channels (EDEX 182)
3 Semester Hours of Graduate Credit
In this online course, you become part of an online community consisting of an instructor and class members from around the country and around the world. You receive and send weekly assignments to and from your instructor via email. You also participate in asynchronous online class discussions. Some of the course content is delivered via the Internet.
Understand basic student needs
- Learn the five needs all students have.
- Identify how these needs are met in your classroom and in your school.
- Design lessons to meet all five needs.
Discover how to teach to all learning styles.
- Learn strategies that address all sensory, perceptual, and organizational preferences.
- Meet classroom challenges by using learning styles approaches.
- Design lessons you can use immediately with your students.
Learn how to teach for concept mastery.
- Explore the five steps of a natural learning process.
- Design lessons that apply these steps.
This course is offered through Performance Learning Systems. PLS instructors are experienced classroom teachers and possess excellent facilitation skills.
$415.00 (plus $35 materials fee)
Central Springs High School
Dates: Sept. 26; Oct. 3, 10, 17, 24
Instructor: Julie Blomme
Contact Info: 641-585-3296 or firstname.lastname@example.org