Matthew Doré Profile
Richard M. and Anita Calkins Distinguished Professor of Law
Areas of Expertise
Commercial and Bankruptcy Law, Business Associations
JD – University of Texas School of Law (with high honors), Order of the Coif, Texas Law Review
BA – Rice University, magna cum laude
Drake Law School professor since 1992
Graves, Dougherty, Hearon & Moody in Austin, Texas
Clerk for Judge Patrick E. Higginbotham of the U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- Iowa Practice Series, Vol. 5 and 6: Business Organizations (2015-2016 ed., Thomson West, 2015).
- The Iowa Business Corporation Act's Staggered Board Requirement for Public Corporations: A Hostile Takeover of Iowa Corporate Law? Drake Law Review Discourse, June 2012, at 1.
- What, Me Worry? Personal Tort Liability and Risks for Participants in LLC, 11 UC Davis Business Law Journal 267 (2011).
- The Duties and Liabilities of an Iowa Corporate Director, 50 Drake Law Review 207 (2002).
- Presumed Innocent? Financial Institutions, Professional Malpractice Claims, and Defenses Based on Management Misconduct, 1995 Columbia Business Law Review 127.
- Madelyn Levitt Distinguished Community Service Award, Drake University (2016)
- Leland Forrest Oustanding Professor of the Year, Drake University Law School (2008)
- Chair of the Iowa State Bar Association Business Law Council
- Member and chair of the Iowa Supreme Court Commission on Continuing Legal Education
- Chair and member of committees that revised the Iowa Uniform Partnership Act, the Iowa Uniform Limited Partnership Act, the Iowa Limited Liability Limited Partnership Law, and Articles 5 & 8 of the Iowa Uniform Commercial Code