Anthony Gaughan Profile
Professor of Law
Clemens J. Smith Faculty Research Scholar
Areas of Expertise
Election Law, Civil Procedure, National Security Law, Evidence
JD – Harvard Law School
PhD (history) – University of Wisconsin-Madison
MA – Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge
BA – University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
Drake Law School professor since 2011
Iraq War veteran and former U.S. Navy officer
Five years as litigator with large Wisconsin law firm
- Illiberal Democracy: The Toxic Mix of Fake News, Hyperpolarization, and Partisan Election Administration, 12 Duke Journal of Constitutional Law & Public Policy 57 (2017) (symposium).
- The 40-Year War on Money in Politics: Watergate, FECA, and the Future of Campaign Finance Reform, 77 Ohio State Law Journal 791 (2016) (symposium).
- Ramshackle Federalism: America’s Archaic and Dysfunctional Presidential Election System, 85 Fordham Law Review 1021 (2016) (symposium).
- Collateral Damage and the Laws of War: D-Day as a Case Study, 55 American Journal of Legal History 229 (2015) (peer reviewed).
- The Last Battle of the Civil War: United States versus Lee, 1861-1883 (Baton Rouge: Louisiana State University Press, 2011) (peer reviewed).
- Leland Forrest Outstanding Professor of the Year, Drake University Law School (2015 and 2016)
- Defense Meritorious Service Medal, U.S. Department of Defense for service in Iraq (2008-2009)
- Iraq Campaign Medal, U.S. Department of Defense (2009)
- Excellence in Teaching Award from The Graduate School, University of Wisconsin-Madison (2000)
- French-Felton Award for Inspirational Teaching, College of Letters and Science, University of Wisconsin-Madison (1998)
Anthony Gaughan Curriculum Vitae
Anthony Gaughan SSRN Author Page