Ellen Yee Profile
Director of International Programs
Professor of Law
Areas of Expertise
Criminal Law, Evidence, Professional Responsibility, Psychiatry and the Law, Trial Advocacy
JD – University of Minnesota, Minnesota Law Review
BA – Yale University, cum laude
Drake Law School Professor since 2005
Visiting assistant professor at Florida State University College of Law
Deputy district attorney for Marin County, California
Judicial extern for The Hon. Franklin L. Noel of the United States District Court, District of Minnesota
- Lawyer Advertising in Iowa After 2012, 62 Drake Law Review 549 (2014) (with Gregory C. Sisk).
- Forfeiture of the Confrontation Right In Giles: Justice Scalia’s Faint-Hearted Fidelity to the Common Law, 100 Journal of Criminal Law & Criminology 1495 (2010).
- Confronting the “Ongoing Emergency”: A Pragmatic Approach to Hearsay Evidence in the Context of the Sixth Amendment, 35 Florida State University Law Review 729 (2008).
- Ohio v. Roberts, in ENCYCLOPEDIA OF THE SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES (David S. Tanenhaus, editor) (Macmillan Reference USA, 2008).
- Inaugural Principal Financial Group Global Citizenship Award (2015)
- Presenter: Intercultural Negotiations Workshop: Strategies and Tactics for Effective Negotiations and Communications in Global Business, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT) Vietnam, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City campuses, Vietnam (July 2018)
- Speaker: Next Course: An Academic and Service-Learning Approach to Campus Food Waste & Recovery, 5th Annual Yale Food Systems Symposium: Centering Resilience, Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies, New Haven, CT (February 2018)
- Speaker: The Life of a Juvenile Offender: And 8th Amendment Analysis of Juvenile Sentencing, University of Kwazulu-Natal, Pietermartizburg, South Africa (June 2016)
- Speaker: Le Régime d’Exception Terroriste aux Etats-Unis, Journée d’Étude de Droit Pénal Comparé, Université de Nantes Faculté de Droit et des Sciences Politiques, Nantes, France (May 2016)
- Speaker: The Right of Confrontation: A Comparative Conundrum, T.M.C. Asser Instituut, The Hague, The Netherlands (March 2013)
Ellen Yee Curriculum Vitae