Erin Lain Profile
Associate Provost for Campus Equity and Inclusion
Professor of Law
Areas of Expertise
Legal Education, Academic Success, Bar Exam
PhD – Drake University
JD – Drake Law School
BA – Drake University
Drake Law School professor since 2016
CLEO Summer Institute Director (2016, 2011)
Instructor at Simpson College
Director of Academic Success Program
Assistant Director of Admissions and Diversity Initiatives
Intern for Federal Magistrate Judge, Celeste Bremer
- Experiences of Academically Dismissed Black and Latino/a Law Students: Stereotype Threat, Fight or Flight Coping Mechanisms, Isolation and Feelings of Systemic Betrayal, 45 J. L. EDUC. 279-326 (2016).
- Emotional Intelligence: A Valuable Tool For Traditional And Non-Traditional Leaders, in FOLLOW THE LEADER? 3-11 (Liz Glodek et al. eds., 2013).
- New Orleans Trip Reinforces Students’ Law Career Decisions, 70 The Iowa Lawyer 12-14 (2010).
- Best Qualitative Research Poster Award, Iowa Educational Research and Evaluation Association Annual Conference (2015)
- Inducted into the William A. Blakey Diversity Pipeline Architects Group (2013)
- Student Bar Association Executive Board’s Dean Service Award (2013)
- Des Moines Young Professionals Diversity Committee Member of the Year (2012)
- Called to be True Blue Award for Excellence in Learning, Integrity, and Citizenship (2012)